WEIGHT-LOSS/HEALTHY LIFESTYLE JOURNEY
Hello Dolls and Kens! Today I wanted to speak and introduce a personal part of my life with you. I have been speaking with Elisabeth at Everything & Nothing about her wonderful weight loss posts and she inspired me to make and share my own! She has been so sweet and accepted my request to join her and collaborate with her on this journey! Make sure you check her posts out, she’s very inspiring!
To give you some background, I went through an awful experience at the age of 6 and began to eat my fears and stress away. I have been a big girl since then. I have tried many times to workout and eat right but it never went through. My heaviest weight was 230lbs. I am only 5’2 so that is obesity for me. I was devastated hearing that word, I was 15 when I heard it from the doctor and I vowed to get healthier. Well, I haven’t stopped my journey, but I havent had much difference either. I will admit that I have lost some weight. I am currently at 215lbs, which is good, but I am now in my mid 20’s…it shouldn’t have taken me this long to lose that little amount of weight. I am working out daily, starting small as I have an irregular heartbeat (so I can’t put too much stress on my heart).
I will be posting a weekly summary every Sunday of how I did during the week!
Heaviest weight: 230lbs Largest size: 18-20
Current weight: 217lbs Current Size: 16-18
“Healthy range”: 104 to 135
Current BMI: 39.3
Goal Weight: 135-148lbs
Goal size in clothing: 8-10, medium.
To live and enjoy life. I want to be healthy but not deny myself of tasty treats. I want to show my family and future children that being healthy is about being confident and doesn’t require you to be a size 0.
- Cream of mushroom Chicken with Peas and mashed potatoes
- Rest Day
- Banana PB Shake
- Baked Salmon with wild & long grain rice, peas.
- Oreos and milk for snack
- 17 minute aerobics. Burned 217 calories
- Pancake, 1 scrambled egg, smoked turkey sausage, hash brown.
- Baked Salmon with left over rice.
- No workout
- Mild link with 2 medium size pancakes and one has brown.
- Almonds and cheez-its
- Lemon pepper salmon buttered with garlic whole wheat pasta.
- ab workout for 17 minutes. Burned 217cals
- walked for 15 minutes. Burned 100 Cals
- 2 packs of kroger strawberries and cream instant oatmeal
- Tai Pei fried rice (this stuff is so good omg)
- Spaghetti with bread and butter
- jog/walk combo for 16 minutes. Burned 93 calories
- Strawberries and cream instant oatmeal
- Tai Pei Chicken Chow Mein
- Tuna sandwich with chips
- Walk for .91 miles, 22 minutes, burned 98 Calories
- Aerobics for 32 minutes. Burned 401 calories.
- Oatmeal (didn’t eat all of it because I got sick)
- Green tea with honey
- one hash brown
- 3 pieces of fried chicken wingletts
- one chocolate chip cookie
- Freschetta Spinach and Mushroom pizza (ate almost all of it by myself)
- Started my baby steps to 5K run challenge, walked briskly for 1.14 miles, 34 minutes. Burned 186 calories.
I gained weight and I am not at all happy with myself. I thought I was doing good this week with maintaining my weight but now that I look at all that I ate, I’m not surprised I gained 5 pounds. This is the cycle. I get to around 215lbs and I go backwards and gain all that I worked so hard to lose. It’s frustrating and this week wasn’t good at all as far as eating and how I feel about my weight. My confidence though is still rising, so I am grateful for that. Back to the board I go!
PHOTOS FOR THE FOODIES!
Don’t forget to check out Elisabeth and Japhets‘ CGGS Journey!