Last week I spoke about being nominated for the One Lovely Blog award and mentioned that I was nominated for two awards. This is part two of that post!
I did my research this time and found the official rules of the awards! You can check out the official blog post here for more information and free graphics to use.
The lovely and beautiful Kate from Skintuition nominated me for this award and I’m so thankful! Her blog is full of beauty, tips, and reviews all on Asian Beauty! Kate is a certified TEFL instructor (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and she studies Japanese! She’s amazing and you should definitely check out her blog!
Okay lovelies, here are the official rules for the awards!:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- answer and write 11 questions from the person that nominated you and for your nominees, respectively.
I’m skipping the 10 facts about me rule as it’s optional. You can read my 7 facts about me in my One Lovely Blog award post.
I am however, going to write about my favorite blog which is:
Arielle from With All My Affection
She was the first blog with over 10,000 followers that followed me and commented on my blog. She still follows me and likes my blog post and honestly, she is the one that gave me that extra push I needed to gain some confidence in myself and see a little glimpse of the future. Aka, I know that my blog will be very successful and a helpful resource for my readers in due time! Her blog style is very much me. I love how it feels so…airy. Can blogs feel airy? Her does. To me. I love the color scheme as well. It’s girly and makes you feel pretty without offending guys (if I were a guy, that is). Arielle really is a wonderful supporter and I know when I comment on her posts, I’ll get a reply that lets me know she sees me and cares about her followers. Make sure to check her out!
11 Questions from Kate at Skintuition
- What is the most gutsy thing you have ever done (and are willing to share)?
- Hmm. I’m not a big risk taker, never have been. I guess it would have to be this moment from middle school. This guy was picking on me and my friends and I was dared to go slap him upside the head. Well…I did. During Lunch. In front of everybody. He didn’t fight me or anything but he seemed very irritated. Thinking about it now. I’d be irritate as well. It was very childish.
- Describe your dream life. What does your daily routine look like?
- This is one of my favorite questions ever. My daily routine can never been the same for too long. I like to shake things up. But, the “necessities” of the daily routine would be waking up to a spectacular view of the mountains, taking a nice hot shower in my updated cozy slightly modern white bathroom with quartz counters and floors. Making a great big breakfast that’s either healthy or comforting. Spending around 8 hours working (this includes baking, blogging, reviewing, planning, scheduling, etc.). Getting some retail therapy in as well then grabbing my favorite book at the moment, some tea or hot chocolate and sitting at my bay window listening to the rain or glancing at the snow as it falls.
- Are you a coffee or a tea person?
- Definitely Tea
- Why did you first get into blogging?
- I wanted a way to express myself and get noticed in the world. I’ve always been a huge talker online, which is where I am most comfortable, but very shy and quiet in physical settings. Blogging was a way for me to let my voice be known, and to grow.
- Where are you currently living?
- Las Vegas, NV. Been here for 13 years, come October.
- What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy afternoon?
- Play the sims. Honestly I love it so much I’m thinking of starting another youtube channel just for the sims.
- What is your current skin or beauty routine?
- I try not to put a lot on my face. My mother is 45 years old and literally hasn’t aged since she was 20. She doesn’t put anything on her face other than Noxzema face cleanse and some SPF moisturizer. I try to follow her footsteps because I want to look 20 when I’m 45 but because I use makeup, I have been getting acne lately and have to apply Ambi Fade Cream to lighten up the scars I get. I also wash my face daily (sometime twice a day) with Noxzema face cleanse and moisturize it with Equate Beauty Moisturizer. I use Equate Beauty Refreshing Apricot Face scrub once a week.
- Are you a sweet or a savory person? /What is your favorite dessert/dish?
- It really depends on my mood. I am, at the moment a savory person. My favorite dish is Shrimp pasta. Literally any kind of pasta, as long as it has shrimp and a butter garlic sauce.
- Do you have any “bodily modifications” such a tattoos or piercings? If so, where? What’s the story?
- Nope! But I want a few tattoos.
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- Again, not a big risk taker but I have had some really strange cravings around that time of the month and the weirdest thing I can remember is having a can of tuna, chicken ramen noodles, pretzels, and blue cheese dressing, as a salad…It was wonderful at the time but I doubt I’d ever try that again.
- Do you tend to speak your mind or do you prefer to calculate a response? Why/why not?
- It depends on the situation. Most of the time I keep quiet and think of all the outcomes before trying to give the best answer/solution/advice that will calm the situation or that will at least benefit both parties. Lately, I have been opening up more and speaking my mind.
These were really great questions and I enjoyed answering them!
Now here are my 11 questions for my nominees!
- What’s your philosophy in life?
- What was the best phase in your life?
- What’s your favorite book/movie of all time and why did it speak to you so much?
- What’s an ideal weekend for you?
- Let’s say you find a great person in your life and develop feelings for them, but physically they aren’t your type. Do you date them with the slight guilt of not being physically attracted to them or stay friends to keep their love and support?
- If a genie granted you 3 wishes right now, what would you wish for?
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Kindle or physical book?
- Marvel or DC?
- Favorite wild animal?
- Could you live in a tiny house?
I know some blogs have a little over 200 followers but it was really hard to find the number of followers under 200!
Okay babies, that’s the post! I had so much fun with this and I hope my nominees enjoy it just as much. If the questions are too personal, feel free to change them!
Stay positive, keep fighting.