There is one thing I love and that’s shrimp. If you know me, you know that shrimp is probably my favorite meat of all time. I love to mix different foods together and see how they turn out.
Last week I made shrimp and bacon ramen with a butter sauce and it was probably the best thing I ever made. I decided to make it again this week and share it with you all for a quick, easy, 20 minute or less dinner!
I love an easy one pan recipe. Nothing makes me more excited for cooking than that. Being a college student blogger who has a very strict budget, it also helps if my meal is affordable. This Creole Shrimp & Bacon ramen is affordable, quick, and mostly one pan.
- 1 pound of medium shrimp (cleaned and tail-off, preferably)
- 4 pieces of bacon (I cut my bacon in half, which made it look like more)
- Two packs of instant ramen noodles
- 1-2 cup Sliced white mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Parsley or Basil (ground or fresh)
- 4 tablespoon butter
- Marinate your shrimp in lemon juice and creole seasoning while you cook your bacon.
- Have your pan on medium heat to let the bacon cook slowly
- Halfway through the bacon, add your shrimp to the pan (you can add some EVOO if you need to)
- Let the bacon and shrimp cook to your liking
- While the meat is cooking, take your instant ramen and place it in a microwave safe bowl with hot water, microwave the ramen for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the ramen and let sit aside while your meat finishes.
- Slice your mushrooms and tomatoes if they aren’t already. A rough chop to the mushrooms is fine. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the meat from the pan to a dish.
- Put butter in pan while it’s still hot. Let melt for a minute so it can become a sauce.
- Remove water from ramen then add the noodles to the pan with tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Mix ingredients together with the butter and add parsley or basil to taste.
- In same pan, add the meat back in, but to the side so it doesn’t mix with the noodles and veggies.
- Let everything warm for about 2 minutes.
- Place ramen and veggies to plates or bowls, topping with shrimp and bacon.