I originally asked you guys on Instagram stories if you wanted a look at how I plan my IG content using Preview App. The response was 100% YES so I am finally going to give you all my tips and tricks using Preview for FREE to plan my Instagram content and how you can plan yours!
This post is not sponsored by or affiliated with Preview App. All thoughts are my own.
How I use Preview to plan my Instagram content
It’s important for bloggers to have a consistent content filled account. It’s also important to save money creating and planning your content while you’re a new blogger! This post is all about how I use Preview app for FREE to plan my Instagram content. I admit I’m not as consistent with it as I would like to be. However, I do have a beautiful feed, if I may say so myself. I got this beautiful feed thanks to switching to Preview a few months ago.
During my 7-day challenge, I took about a month worth of photos for my Instagram and blog. I am still actually working with those photos as I type this. After doing a quick edit to them on Adobe Lightroom, I uploaded them to my Preview account and began to plan my content. I knew I wanted a sophisticated, bright and ‘expensive’ lifestyle theme for my feed. I stuck to one or two filters from Previews Essentials filter pack to stay consistent in my theme.
The exact filters I used where B1 and B2. Simple, right?
To schedule my content, I first create my layout, placing my pictures where I want them to go to give my feed substance and beauty. Then I add my quotes, comment, thoughts, hashtags, etc., to each photo. Last is when I actually apply the filters. If there are some pictures out of place after all of this, all I do is drag it to another place on my feed and everything is exactly the same. I love this feature because it really gives you freedom over your content and you can change it as many times as needed! Add pictures later and schedule them to be posted first, delete pictures, etc! Plan until your heart’s content!
- Drag and drop your content however you want it before you schedule your posts! This allows for you to change your layout as many times and in as many ways as you want before you actually schedule your posts. With Planoly, I had to schedule my posts in order to get them in a specific layout and it was stressful and confusing.
- Edit your pictures! Crop them, play with the light and saturation, add filters, your quote, handles, and tags all directly in the app!
- When you sign up with your Instagram, you’ll see your content that was already posted to your account. This helps so you can either completely change your theme up or follow your previous theme but with a slight change.
- There is no limit to how many pictures you can upload and post, nor a limit on how far in the future you can schedule for.
- Use the hashtag bank provided by Preview, directly in the app! I use this literally with every picture I plan. Though I can’t wait until more categories and tags are added, right now there are probably hundreds of popular hashtags at the ready. This is completely free!
Premium Preview provides you with
- Growth monitoring
- Option for multiple Instagram accounts
- Reposting without watermarks
- Access to Preview’s own photo library! This option is great if you are low on content or looking for filler content. I’m considering going premium just for this feature.
The only purchase I’ve made with Preview was the Fall Filter Pack and that was about $2.99, give or take a dollar. If you’re confused with the buying options, it’s pretty simple. Either purchase one filter pack for $1.99-$3.99, purchase the whole library of filter packs for $31.99 or upgrade your account to premium for $7.99 per month. Premium gets you all the premium features PLUS ALL THE FILTER PACKS. I personally suggest getting the premium account if there are more than 2 filter packs you want.
I’ve been using this app for maybe half a year now. The only thing I had to get used to was when it’s time to share the post. You are given many options, however I like to save my picture back to phone album. The text is automatically copied, then open Instagram and upload the picture and paste the text. I got used to it and I actually prefer it this way as the format of my text is always the way I plan it in the app.