Vegas is known for its vacation spots. When you live in Las Vegas, things can get boring if you don’t know where to go or what to do. Here are awesome things you can do to plan the ultimate summer staycation if you live in Las Vegas!
The Ultimate Summer Staycation
Residing in Las Vegas for almost 15 years now has caused me to love it and hate it. You all know that lately, I’ve been loving it again. This is thanks to finding my tribe of bloggers who know the best spots around the city! If you’re looking to move to Las Vegas (we have amazing cheap homes!) check out these homes for sale in Las Vegas.
Whenever I mention The Strip, people outside of Las Vegas usually think I’m talking about an actual strip club. No, darling. I mean the strip of all those famous hotels and casinos you see on TV and in movies! There is so much to do on The Strip that it can get overwhelming. For an idea of what you can do while on the Las Vegas Strip,
- Visit the M&M Store
- Shop at the Fashion Show Mall or the Forum Shoppes
- Have Dinner at the Top of the World at Stratosphere
- Enjoy lunch on the Eiffel Tower Restaraunt
- Enjoy a show at any (quite literally any) of the hotels.
- We have an indoor amusement park! If you come here during October you can experience Fright Dome which is one of the scariest man-made attractions in the world. I can attest to this as I only went twice, the first time I was attacked by the Grudge while in the bathrooms (yes the workers aka ghosts do mess with you in the bathroom as well, from what I remember at least). The second time, I literally almost passed out. This attraction is NOT recommended for children under 12.
- If you are looking for strip clubs, well…yes, we do have those too. For ladies, Thunder from Down Under is a very fun experience!
Ultimate staycations at hotels
My favorite hotels include the caesars palace, the Bellagio, and just because it brings back childhood memories, the Excalibur. Check out the best times to visit and the average rates for our hotels here. When booking your room to your hotel, make sure to take advantage of the spa packages a lot of hotels offer! If you’re a visitor from out of state you usually get offers to experience free shows for a night or two also!
Make time for the Fountains of Bellagio water show: Monday – Friday: There is a show every half hour from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 8 p.m. – midnight. Saturdays and holidays: The show runs every half hour from noon – 8 p.m. and every 15 minutes from 8 p.m. – midnight. Sundays: Fountain show times begin at 11 a.m. and run every half hour until 7 p.m (information from Google for accuracy!).
See my top 10 amazing food places in Las Vegas for ideas on where to eat.
If you make any reservations don’t forget to use Ebates* and save money! 🙂
As I mentioned earlier, there’s literally so much to do in Las Vegas that it can get overwhelming. Take your time, research, and plan early to make sure you get the best of your ultimate summer staycation/vacation!